I use it, so you should too!

Monday 2 July 2007

Is this the most boring job in Japan?

I'm watching a documentary atm about how Plasma TVs are made. It turns out there is a man who listens to a load of white noise emitted by the TV to check if it's working properly. He stands behind the TV while this is happening so that he can plug his equipment in more easily. Some choice quotes (through an interpreter, the guy doesn't speak English):
"I like TV's so much I make them for a living"
"Sometimes I wish I could get to watch the front of a TV, rather than behind it"
He then proceeded to shake the TV "to check for loose screws".
The best thing is, he is so badly paid that he can't even afford a plasma TV for himself but he hopes to able to "some day"

The lengths some people go to in order to ensure we can watch TV.

No comments: